; The Ship Model - forum

See a nice ship models collection, from Hungary, on: www.shipmodell.com

Author Topic: I took pricing from Cheap Runescape gold  (Read 8 times)

bestrsgoldfast

• View Profile
I took pricing from Cheap Runescape gold
« on: January 07, 2020, 07:09:06 AM »
Business expenses arent just salaries for Osrs gold workers, there is much more overhead than a salary for a worker. A worker in a software company (UK) prices hundreds of pounds every day, minimum. Development agencies typically charge anywhere from £50-£125 an hour for a single employee, to pay overhead and maintain profits.

Office space, utilities, and hardware for workers, office equipment, software, once you factor all that on your costs will be enormous. I'd imagine they have massive server operating prices such as runescapes, probably tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds a month on servers or data center costs, whatever they are running. That might not even be including the test and development environments. You know nothing about how a company runs if you believe money just goes on salaries.

Bro, you obviously didn't read shit. Nor did you check that which Jagex pays what Salaries in Cambridge area for software development are. Those"development" prices already cover all the programmer's salary and you're left with over 30m for other things.

Jagex does not run any servers of their own (except a few in-house tiny ones possibly ). Everything they rent in. A computing servers move from 40 cents/hour into 26 USD an hour (heavily area-dependent too ). And most of us know Jagex doesn't have most powerful servers (considering each world is max 2k runescape gamers I doubt they're very powerful ones whatsoever ).

Let us assume their one server lease costs 10 GBP/hour. There are 8760 hours. Under 90k that is. Let's push it. But let's say Jagex has 150 servers leased. Each year 15m goes (which really isn't that large, because I took pricing from Cheap Runescape gold compute-oriented server that's mostly used for scientific calculations, machine learning, etc). More average use case has pricing roughly half of this if less. Believe Jagex has building say 5m/year.